05 Tige Switch Taps not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

05 Tige Switch Taps not working

Hello everyone, I have an 05 Switch and Taps doesn't work. Stuck in UP position (7 on the gauge). When I touch the red trim tab on the throttle, the gauge "moves" to position 5 while pressing the button, but goes back to 7 upon release. The Trim tab in the back DOES NOT MOVE nor does it make any noise. So, how do I trouble shoot it? Where can I get parts if it's the ram itself or the "module" that may or may not be under the dash - Saw a pic posted by user: bryancm on 7/14/11 under "Taps Not Working" thread. Any input is much appreciated! Cheers!

I'm guessing I have Taps 1 since I have ONE ram and not 2 (I think taps 2 had two rams - but could be wrong).
    2005 Tige Switch (bought an 03 Tige 20V brand new in 03 from Mesa. Sold it in 2010 and bought a MasterCrap... total lemon. Sold that in 2013 and bought my 05 Switch).

I believe yours is the Lenco actuator which is electric. Take a picture of it and post it here so we know for sure.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

will do. It's currently pouring outside. Once it stops, I'll pull the boat out a few feet and snap a pic. Thank you
      2005 Tige Switch (bought an 03 Tige 20V brand new in 03 from Mesa. Sold it in 2010 and bought a MasterCrap... total lemon. Sold that in 2013 and bought my 05 Switch).

Comment

taps03.jpg

Comment

taps02.jpg
          I guess I should have crawled underneath and behind the boat before I asked where to get taps parts LOL. I'll still take any trouble shooting insight - thanks in advance!

Comment

There should be a module. Based on your description, I would grab my meter, crawl under helm, and find the three wires that meet from switch in the throttle handle to the wires coming from the Lenco module. Likely 3 blue or red butt connectors. Wire colors from switch I recall being different than wire colors from module. Switch to Ohms on meter and start trying to make it ring while actuating switch at throttle. If you dont find any continuity then switch is the problem. If you do have continuity then module OR actuator is the problem.
            I have my own method to rule out actuator vs module. Dont necessarily want to post it here as its not "best practice " 12v diagnosis. PM me if you get further down the rabbit hole.
            Im betting Koolaid has better rule out/trouble tree to get to the correct diagnosis.
            Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-08-2018, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Freeheel is on the right path. Also validate that the module has power going into it. I would bet that the module is toast.
              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
              X