Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you buy your raw water impellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2013 PCM EX343 and I am looking to do my first impeller swap. Before you light your hair on fire, what I mean is that the dealer always did this service before and this is the first season I need to do it myself. In Canada these parts are hard to source. Usually Amazon has this stuff, but I can only find one vendor and it is about $75 each. Maybe that is the going rate.

The manual says I need Impeller kit: RP061022

If anyone has a suggestion on the best source for these things, let me know. I suppose the dealer is always an option too.

We just buy ours direct from PCM or thru our vendors. The Nautique parts page is actually pretty good pricing
    https://www.nautiqueparts.com/produc...ines-rp061022/
    This one is just under 40$ USD. Not sure what shipping would be to Canada

Service is relatively easy. Take belt off. Grab a 10mm socket and extension. I always use my favorite 1/4" drive ratchet,and there are three bolts holding pump face/pulley to housing. There are three cutouts in pulley so you just turn it to line holes up so you can access bolts. Don't try and thread bolts all the way out as theres small o rings on backside so they wont fall into the bilge. Pretty self explanatory from there. The pump is "clocked", when you put it back together the weep hole goes down, some pumps also have a T or TOP stamped into them as well. I lube impeller with dawn dish soap when I install it so it wont start dry as well.
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 02-13-2018, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I’ve bought all mine from wakemakers but that’s only because I’ve been ordering other stuff. I’d just stop by seca as you’re in Calgary and pick on up.

Comment

I also purchase from Nautique Parts. It's been the cheapest I could find. Local dealers will absolutely gouge on these.

Do yourself a favor and buy two. I have a few impellers sitting in my tool box on the boat now. I believe it's a 5mm allen key and a 10mm socket for the pulley. Also will need a 15mm for the belt tensioner up top. Also, easiest to remove the starboard side engine divider and crawl in the locker than doing from the top.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BCRider; 02-13-2018, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
          I also purchase from Nautique Parts. It's been the cheapest I could find. Local dealers will absolutely gouge on these.

Do yourself a favor and buy two. I have a few impellers sitting in my tool box on the boat now. I believe it's a 5mm allen key and a 10mm socket for the pulley. Also will need a 15mm for the belt tensioner up top. Also, easiest to remove the starboard side engine divider and crawl in the locker than doing from the top.
          I'm confused. Do you unbolt the pulley from its shaft?? If so you can skip that and just go through the holes that are cut in the face of the pulley with a 10mm and short extension. Just have to rotate pulley with belt off so it lines up with bolts.

Comment

Freeheel4life: I've always pulled the pulley right off first and then gone in. I realize you don't truthfully have too. On my 22ve it's pretty tight back there and it's hard to see what you are doing to get at the 10mm so I just started taking the pulley off as it only adds another minute to the process.

Comment

Gotcha. Didn't notice your boat in your tag. the R20 has a lot more room for sure. I usually just lay on top and can basically do the job with one hand....but I also do a few every year
              Last edited by freeheel4life; 02-13-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Nautiqueparts works out to about $60 CAD shipped.

I do like to support the dealer. For instance I paid $55 last fall for my fuel filter.....

Comment

The pulley is designed with holes in it to get to the 10mm bolts. Just take off serpentine belt then u can freely spin the pulley and with a good light back there as u are lying down u can see the 3 bolts and pull whole thing off. Not hard at all.
                  I also used Nauti parts and bakes marine. Either were good.

Comment

Interesting thing happened to me last spring changing mine. after removing the screws I dropped the impeller bell housing in the bilge. I grabbed it, didn't think anything of it, and proceeded to replace the impeller. I then spent the next half of the summer troubleshooting an on and off again overheating issue, ruining many days/weekends on the water. My dealer and I checked every last inch of the cooling system, replaced some things, and every once in a while it would work for a day or so, then back to overheating. Anyway short story long it turns out the bell housing was missing a thin metal plate that aids in the impeller suction, presumably it was knocked out when I dropped it in the bilge.

Moral of the story is I can't do any mechanical work myself.

Comment

how much are they at seca? im in lethbridge and will be up there soon

Comment

Originally posted by maxpow View Post
                        how much are they at seca? im in lethbridge and will be up there soon
                        I haven't asked yet. If you find out let us know.

Are you coming to our southern Alberta Tigé owners reunion in June?

Comment

Maxpow. Assuming you have pcm other dealers closer in Edmonton will stock the same parts.

Comment

Seca charged $67 CAD. Not bad considering.

Comment

Not bad. I found the package from one years back and it was 65 from my old dealer.. the dollar was at its high then

Comment

Working...
                              X