Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prop for 2015 RZR- What is OEM and What is best "upgrade"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop for 2015 RZR- What is OEM and What is best "upgrade"?

My boat is in storage now, but I want to get a second prop for my 2015 RZR. Does anyone know what came on the boat OEM?(I am 99% sure the original owner did not change it) Wakemakers says ACME 1433 for Wakesurfing/Wakeboarding. We surf 60% of the time, Wakeboard/Wakekite 10%, and slalom 30% of the time.

Any recommendations? I want to take advantage of WakeMakers black friday sale. Thanks.

The 537 or is it 573... is the stock prop. Not a bad prop but a little slow off the go and not too good when evenly weighted for surfing.

The 1433 is what we have at the moment and so far it has been great. Way more power for getting up to speed when weighted. I did notice slight changes with the slalom wake, don’t ski enough so can’t really describe the difference.

To be honest the wakemakers props are very over priced. I’d check with mike or your local dealer. I got a brand new 1433 for 400 Canadian dollar, I wouldn’t expect that kinda price but just do a little digging if you want to save.

Comment

1235 is just a half inch bigger and same pitch as 1433. We have many happy customers that run that as an all around prop. I like the 2419 personally but we are never really concerned with slalom speeds, it certainly pulls nice and still cruises into the 30s if need be though. 2419 in an r21 is what I spent most my time on this summer and it can ease out of the hole so nice. If you have a heavy handed driver it can be rough tho. Certainly don't just bury the throttle to bring the rider up. Can ease them up so smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
        The 537 or is it 573... is the stock prop. Not a bad prop but a little slow off the go and not too good when evenly weighted for surfing.

The 1433 is what we have at the moment and so far it has been great. Way more power for getting up to speed when weighted. I did notice slight changes with the slalom wake, don’t ski enough so can’t really describe the difference.

To be honest the wakemakers props are very over priced. I’d check with mike or your local dealer. I got a brand new 1433 for 400 Canadian dollar, I wouldn’t expect that kinda price but just do a little digging if you want to save.
        1433 is on sale for $469 US at Wakemakers. I am hoping that they do not raise the price before they run 20% off for Black Friday. I think that would be a good price. Cheaper than the TeamTalk discount I got on the Johnson Prop I bought last year

Comment

The 1235 is on sale at WakeMakers for $519 US

Comment

Originally posted by Rbuss4 View Post
            1433 is on sale for $469 US at Wakemakers. I am hoping that they do not raise the price before they run 20% off for Black Friday. I think that would be a good price. Cheaper than the TeamTalk discount I got on the Johnson Prop I bought last year
            That’s not a bad price! Do props fall under the black Friday? I remember they seem to have lots of exclusions on props.

Comment

Here's a couple things I might ask prior to making a suggestion. What engine, what is your normal lake elevation and how would you rate the current prop for the activities you do? Knowing how the current prop performs, or under performs in some cases, helps gauge to what degree of an upgrade you need. Engine and lake elevation also play into it.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a ‘14 RZR with a 350 hp 5.7 Indmar. My factory prop is a Acme 1631. My boat will top out about 42-43, I’ve had zero complaints from anybody on its power out of the hole. I have thought about a 1433 though.

Comment

My boat has the standard Raptor motor, we run at no more than 600 ft above sea level, and did not have any issues with the prop that is on the boat(OEM I think). We did however only use the boat for about 6 hours of surfing as we purchased around labor day, and here in WI that does not leave much time for being on/in the water. The boat has the Surf XL upgrade, but I am thinking about upsizing the rear bags a bit to 770 or 900 lbs each. I am truly looking for the best performance mix for mostly surf, but we are also die hard slalom skiers who ski at 30-34 mph. The RZR is obviously only 20' so we will never have 4000lbs of ballast in this thing. I like to have a spare prop, so using the OEM as spare, and getting something a little better as a main use is the plan.

Comment

IF your stock prop is the 537, then a prop like the 1433 will be an upgrade.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Talked with Jim at ACME this morning. He suggested the 1615 as best option for wake boarding and surfing with maxed out ballast.The 1235 for me since we are looking for more all-around to include surfing with 2000-2500lbs of ballast, a little wake boarding/kiting, and my need to maintain some semblance of slalom skiing delivery. I will probably give the 1235 a try. Interestingly; he added that a few of their 3 or 5 blade props can 'smooth' out the wake if i ever want to try a dial the RZR in for better slalom wakes. Not sure I will ever be a prop changer between sports/runs; but nice to know.

Comment

Never ran a 1615 but looking at the numbers it's just a .25" flatter on pitch which would equate to a bit more holeshot than a 1235 but probably not noticeable. Either one will be a massive improvement over the 537. If you ever start running lead and go more towards full time surfing would consider the 2419 or 2079

Comment

I ran a 1235 this year on my Z1 for one trip. Wake9 bags loaded front and back. The 1235 worked perfectly, whereas my old banged up 1433 couldn't do it. If you were going to add 10 passengers, it might be a bit overwhelmed. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 1235 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                            I ran a 1235 this year on my Z1 for one trip. Wake9 bags loaded front and back. The 1235 worked perfectly, whereas my old banged up 1433 couldn't do it. If you were going to add 10 passengers, it might be a bit overwhelmed. I wouldn't hesitate to go with the 1235 at all.
                            I still find that strange when comparing to my very similar setup. Have you tried a new 1433

Comment

Talked with my guy who stores the boat for me yesterday. Turns out I already have the 1235 on the boat. The previous owner must have upgraded, and I was not informed. Thanks for all the feedback throughout the thread; I have learned a lot about the ACME lineup and what others are using. My previous experience was only with OJ Props. Now I have to decide if I am going to buy a spare, and which one. I kept a spare all the years I owned my Mastercraft, and only swapped them once due to a small ding. I would hate to not have a backup in case something big/bad happens while on a weekend away with the boat.

Comment

Working...
                              X