Underwater lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underwater lights

Im thinking about installing underwater lights on my ‘14 RZR with Tige Touch. I have a touch option on the switch screen for the lights, can lights be wired to operate off that screen? I do not want to add actual switches. Thanks in advance for the feed back.

Not sure about your year but on mine there were wires ran to the back of the boat. The lights were pretty simple to install if you dont mind drilling holes in the back of the boat. I believe the wires for the lights were blue and white.

Comment

Yes, no need to mount and wire a physical switch. However, you may have to enter the dealer mode and activate the switch. This is common among many brands these days with un-ordered factory options. The next thing to consider, what amount of load will the system handle? Its at least designed to handle the load of the factory lights.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have the VX hull extension, and I’m thinking about using a light that uses the drain hole. What type do you guys recommend?
        Attached Files

Comment

I dont. Most are going to interfere with the movement of the plate. You may even find that you have to dismount the actuator to get it in and out. Lastly, taking the drain plug lights in and out leads to harness failure.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I recommend this one, Blue or Green is really cool in water

https://www.imarineled.com/27w-1800-...oat-light.html

Comment

Originally posted by williamG View Post

@williamG

Welcome to the forum. Tell us more about your boat that this light is on. Whats the clarity of the water you boat in. What do you recommend this light over others based on your experience?

Comment

Your site advertises that your lights have the lowest current draw in the industry. Sounds great on the surface. However, out in the field, we have found that current draw is the best means we have to gauge a light's brightness. So here's my conundrum. a 1A draw tells me your light is not bright at all. Although we dont put much stock in advertised lumens, your 1300 rating, puts it inline with lights we were using 10 years ago when the underwater LED as in its infancy.

Ive stated my concerns with thread-in plugs lights in many threads, including this thread.

Comment

Here is what it looks like with the boat, I'm satisfied with the brightness.

71IfjtkNkqL._SL256_.jpg

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Your site advertises that your lights have the lowest current draw in the industry. Sounds great on the surface. However, out in the field, we have found that current draw is the best means we have to gauge a light's brightness. So here's my conundrum. a 1A draw tells me your light is not bright at all. Although we dont put much stock in advertised lumens, your 1300 rating, puts it inline with lights we were using 10 years ago when the underwater LED as in its infancy.

Ive stated my concerns with thread-in plugs lights in many threads, including this thread.

Comment

Here is what it looks like with the boat, I'm satisfied with the brightness.

[ATTACH]47574[/ATTACH]
                    @William,

Who is Jeremy? He's over on wake world right this very minute passing that boat off as his. Also, that boat is found on an amazon sales add for some lights? Really your boat?

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806612

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-corrosio.../dp/B00QF073ZO

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                      I have the VX hull extension, and I’m thinking about using a light that uses the drain hole. What type do you guys recommend?
                      There’s a couple write ups on mounting lights to brackets on the Vx plate so the lights are on the back of the plate and nothing is blocking their output. I think member Blackoutatx had a pair of shadow casters mounted like that that he swapped out to the new bad boy Liquid Lumens. He could steer ya in the right direction on the brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                        There’s a couple write ups on mounting lights to brackets on the Vx plate so the lights are on the back of the plate and nothing is blocking their output. I think member Blackoutatx had a pair of shadow casters mounted like that that he swapped out to the new bad boy Liquid Lumens. He could steer ya in the right direction on the brackets.
                        I sure did. They worked great. PM me if it's something you think you want to try. Its not a hard job at all.
                        BABz - babzusa.com
                        Austin, TX

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          @William,

Who is Jeremy? He's over on wake world right this very minute passing that boat off as his. Also, that boat is found on an amazon sales add for some lights? Really your boat?

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806612

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-corrosio.../dp/B00QF073ZO
                          CHP GOT EM!!!!!! Hes silent now. LOL
                          Germaine Marine
                          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                          X