Calling all Dealer Techs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Dealer Techs!!!

Do you guys have or can you get the ECM wire pinouts for the Indmar 410 with the E-controls ECM?

I'm 99% sure I'm going to swap in a blower and/or cam in my engine this winter. I'll also have to swap out the emc to one that I can tune. Having their pinout diagram will greatly increase the ease of adapting my harness to the new ECM. I have emailed Indmar but haven't heard back from them.

Any help would be awesome!

I like where you are going with this. Does Indmar lock their computers? The ecm in it is tunable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    71 Cut Supreme, 70 3 Door Suburban, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 12 F21 Surf Machine!
    http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/onetogofast/IMG_4360.jpg

Comment

Indmar has E-controls build the ECM to Indmar specs. Then Indmar puts in their one and only "proprietary" tune and ships the motor. I asked them if they could retune my ECM to my specs. I was told they have no way of doing that. Also, no one in the aftermarket has the ability to tune them either. I have exhausted that route. It is proving far easier just to swap it out with an ECM that is easily tunable such as a stock GM truck ecm or maybe MEFI. It will be fairly straight forward to depin the e-controls harness plug and pin the wires to a GM or MEFI plug. Overall GM will be cheaper and, so far, easier for me to tune.

Comment

I can't help, but are you sure the cam and crank signals are compatible with your planned swap? If not, you have a lot more work...

Comment

I'm 99% sure they are 58x and 4x as that should be stock gm parts for the l96 and E78 ECM. Either way I'll verify before I pick an ECM. Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure you pick between the different signals in the tuning anyways so it shouldn't matter.

Comment

So do you have the 5.7 cat ex or the 6.0?? Does your ECM say if it's the 4g 120pin??

Comment

Are you getting a marine spec cam , and are you going to tear down motor to lower compression for blower?

Comment

Working...
              X