Looking for 14 Z3 Platform Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking the bolts that bolt the platform brackets to the transom brackets. Anybody know exactly what it is?

I lost one too. Dealer had four in stock. Cost me $2 each.

Comment

I also see you have rev 3 Vx brackets. Wave pics?

Comment

Mines came loose so many times this year. Red loctite it in and your good to go.

Comment

Av8tor, does your platform move up and down? Mine does and I think my brackets are worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
            I also see you have rev 3 Vx brackets. Wave pics?
            No rev 3 brackets. Just forgot to take a pic before I left the boat and used this one. I would like to do the rev 3, but afraid I'd F it up and with not having a backup for replacements could be sol.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
              Mines came loose so many times this year. Red loctite it in and your good to go.
              Yeah, I'm missing both of them, ugh. I believe it's the same bolt threads used to bolt the VX brackets to the platform brackets. I just need confirmation along with the thread length and shoulder length.

Thanks for the suggestion on the loctite, I'll do the same once I figure out which socket cap screw it is.

Last edited by Av8tor; 08-31-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty_Power View Post
                Av8tor, does your platform move up and down? Mine does and I think my brackets are worn out.
                A very little bit, but I'm sure it would stop once I replace the bolts.

Have you checked to see if the locking pins are worn?

Comment

Originally posted by Av8tor View Post
                  No rev 3 brackets. Just forgot to take a pic before I left the boat and used this one. I would like to do the rev 3, but afraid I'd F it up and with not having a backup for replacements could be sol.
                  Agreed. I am so happy with my wave right now I'm not sure Rev 3 would be an upgrade. The suck gate changed everything.

I have three more of those bolts, but they are in my boat off-site. I'll do my best to track them down and send measurements. All I did was go to the dealer and they knew exactly what I was talking about. Is that not an option for you? As a side note, I would use blue loctite, not red. If you ever want to remove that platform again, stick with the blue.

I know I'm not alone in this, but my platform bounces up and down all the time no matter how tight those bolts are. It seems that the brackets on the transom have worn down and have play in them. Anyone else dealing with that?

Comment

3/8-16 socket cap screws, 7/8" long. Stainless of course :-)
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                      3/8-16 socket cap screws, 7/8" long. Stainless of course :-)
                      Awesome, thank you KoolAid. Is it a partial thread or full thread?

Comment

Full thread. Sits flush against the swim platform portion of the bracket assembly.
                        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                          Full thread. Sits flush against the swim platform portion of the bracket assembly.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X