Rear ballast will not empty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear ballast will not empty

We were surfing today and after our session when emptying the ballast we found that the rear one would not empty. It will fill up but will not empty. Seems like it is the drain pump that stopped working as it is making no noise at all. Fuses are all OK.

So we are now stuck with a full ballast and it makes it very awkward to work on the drain pump as it is taking all the room.

Is there any ways to manually drain the ballasts on a RZ2 2015?

Thanks!

Do you have the quick connect bags or the welded in fittings?

If you have the quick connects, disconnect and siphon it out with one of those jiggy hoses.

Comment

Pull a hose and let the drain into the bilge.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

As an aside: This is another reason we carry a standalone Tsunami pump+hose with a cigarette lighter cord. If a pump fails, we can always pull a top hose and use the Tsunami to drain the sac.

Comment

Thanks! We have the quick connect. I think we will try the hose thing from the top overflow, it's completely full so it's hard to reach the bottom one to let it drain down..
          And yes, we will get a tsunami pump, nothing worst than cutting your surf session short when the ballast gets stuck full on goofy side!

Comment

Originally posted by sandraa View Post
            nothing worst than cutting your surf session short when the ballast gets stuck full on goofy side!
            Look at it this way: You're 50% of the way to an awesome wakeboarding session! Just fill the other side and hit it!

Yeah, yeah... I'm always trying to find the silver lining.

Comment

Originally posted by sandraa View Post
              Thanks! We have the quick connect. I think we will try the hose thing from the top overflow, it's completely full so it's hard to reach the bottom one to let it drain down..
              And yes, we will get a tsunami pump, nothing worst than cutting your surf session short when the ballast gets stuck full on goofy side!
              That is the only side that matters anyway I wonder if Tige would give me a discount if I only need 1 bag. LOL

On a serious note, mine was draining really slow last trip because there was fold in the bag right at the drain port so would only allow a little water to the pump. Just make sure your bag is pulled tight and there are not folds in it.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                On a serious note, mine was draining really slow last trip because there was fold in the bag right at the drain port so would only allow a little water to the pump. Just make sure your bag is pulled tight and there are not folds in it.
                That is an annoyance, isn't it! Another is when our fat sacs drain all the way down, and then we refill them, and during refill the sides get folded causing the top of the sac to get pulled over to one side, straining hoses and fittings. I've toyed with the idea of gluing some sort of loops or something to suspend the corners/edges to control how this all happens. I'm probably the worst with this problem since my aft sacs are almost four feet tall. Makes you really appreciate hard tanks.

I'm a fan of hard tanks for another reason, too: When used with ultra-high volume pumps. We're playing around with something that moves a LOT of water (think: 2" hoses to handle the GPM) and sacs just don't like that very much.

Comment

Did you resolve this problem? I'm having the same issues on my 2013 Z1.

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
                    I've toyed with the idea of gluing some sort of loops or something to suspend the corners/edges to control how this all happens.
                    I recently put in two 1000# Fat Sacs from our Buddy Chptrill, and I noticed that on the OEM bags (300 / 350) that they had straps clued to the bag and they pulled upward to the side of the interior wall to help this. Is that something that would be possible to do with these bigger bags, or am I over thinking this?

Comment

Working...
                    X