spring loaded glove box hinges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spring loaded glove box hinges?

Does anyone know if you can get replacement hinges for the glove box that would hold it open? Something like a spring loaded or hydraulic loaded hinge. Or what other methods are used to prop it open.

Cheers, Jeff

West marine has a Spring hatch holder and bracket, I think overton's has the same thing also. I looked into this aswell. I have an '04 and it does not have anything to hold up the glovebox lid. I think they changed the glovebox lid in '05 to a thicker one and added a spring to hold it open.
    I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

I also have an 04 and have the lazy glove box lid. Did you know that there are a couple of small screws on each hinge that will cause it to tighten up and staw up when raised?

Comment

Reallllllllly. I will have to check that out. Thanks.

Comment

Would those screws be on earlier models as well (yr 2000)?

I did notice a double set of screws when I removed to polish around it. When i tightened them down I couldnt close it - perhaps these need toying with?

I checked overtons and couldnt find any - what kind are they - what do they look like.

Cheers, Jeff

Comment

Ok, maybe I was mistaken by Overton's but I know I was comparing prices between two places. Sorry. Anyway I just checked westmarine.com. Model # 120030.

Comment

man, this stinks,I have to pay more for the shipping at west marine, cuz they dont' have the flag poles I want, and overtons has the flag poles, but not the spring!!
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                man, this stinks,I have to pay more for the shipping at west marine, cuz they dont' have the flag poles I want, and overtons has the flag poles, but not the spring!!
                No one ever said owning a boat was cheap...........

B = Bet
                O = On
                A = Another
                T = Thousand

Comment

not complaining about that, it just drives me up the wall to pay 10 dollars to ship an 8 dollar item.

Comment

Originally posted by jklaus View Post
                    Would those screws be on earlier models as well (yr 2000)?

I did notice a double set of screws when I removed to polish around it. When i tightened them down I couldnt close it - perhaps these need toying with?
                    That's what I did. I had to remove the hinges to get the seal back onto the glovebox cover. When I reinstalled, I'd mistakenly tightened the middle screws too tight. Then I loosened them a bit and now it stays open when I need it to, but I can close it pretty easily. I'm pleased with it.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

i'm buying a spring, from west marine, now i'm trying to decide on a new quiet blower, the atwoods one I have is so loud, its louder then my stock one was

Comment

Just installed one of those springs. AND ITS NICE!
                        Common Sense is not so Common
                        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

mine will be here monday, installed before the reunion

Comment

Working...
                          X