Vapour lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vapour lock

Have a 2006 20i with 5.7L GMC vortex engine. With ethanol in the gas in Canada I have vapour locking issues with engine. Has anyone got a cure that works ?
    Thank You
    Rod

Originally posted by Rod View Post
    Have a 2006 20i with 5.7L GMC vortex engine. With ethanol in the gas in Canada I have vapour locking issues with engine. Has anyone got a cure that works ?
    Thank You
    Rod
    We seem to have that issue a bit with our 08 RZ4. 5.7 GM. Only seems to happen when we sit for a long time on the lake then take off when it's really hot out. It hesitates for a bit then its fine. Are you having the same issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Always leave your blower on, and open the motor cover for a bit if it sits not running, and make sure you keep fresh fuel in it. I had the same issue a couple years back, I had winter gas in it and flashes off at lower temps

Comment

Yes on really hot days after sitting will vapour lock as you say. From some of the reading I have done on ethanol it only has a life of 100 days before degrading and settling out in the tank. So I think perhaps here in Canada the days of leaving your tank full to prevent moisture will not be as affective as the ehtonal portion of the gas breaks down and causes vapour locking issues etc.
        Thanks for your comment.

Comment

You can add Ethanol Marine Sta-Bil to the fuel to help out.
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Not sure about the dyed premium gas we run in BC in the summer but here is a list of ethanol free gas in Canada. I always finish the season on a tank of premium with stabilizer.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X