Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help- How to back flush water intake on 2006 22ve- sucked up sand/mud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help- How to back flush water intake on 2006 22ve- sucked up sand/mud?

I sucked up sand/mud and am getting overheating at high speed/ cools back down at low speed. I know I need to probably change out the impeller which I can do- but does anyone have a diagram of the intake tubing or show a picture where the screen is for the trany cooler or other clog points? Last time this happened the dealer said there was debris in the trany screen so figure I should look there first. Any help or pics are much appreciated!!

I have used air into my water hoses to winterized my 20v, in doing so I flush water out the intake.

Comment

IF you haven't already I would pull your transmission cooler apart and check the honeycomb vents in there and make sure they are clear. Would probably be best to disconnect and remove the whole cooler and run some water through it (only through the big holes) not where the transmission lines connect otherwise you will get water in the transmission and that's all bad.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Kind depends on what engine you have too as far as water flow as they are not all the same. X2 on tranny cooler.

Comment

Working...
        X