No announcement yet.

Alpha Z Tower Crack (2013 Z3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance you could find a shop to work with that would do the work with the tower on the boat. I would assume that a good body shop could remove the paint, grind, weld and then put a proper coat back on it all while on the boat. Most shops have heavy tarps/aprons that would be put in the area when welding to prevent burn and would be able to cover and tape off the boat when painting the tower. I believe most manufacturers have moved away from powder coating on their towers and over to a paint process. Powder is stronger but will crack and if moisture gets into the crack and under the coating, it will peel off in sheets. This would be what I would look into. I understand that removing these towers is a several hour process for a knowledgeable dealer.
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

i had a similar post and issue. Mine cracked on the driver's side just below the light lense in the bend. My dealer pulled a string and they replaced the tower........it has a couple of blimishes in the powder coat, but better than cracked. I agree it is a poor design. mine is a 2014 RZ4 with 150 hrs. I bought it used with 39 hours a year ago.......always kept prestine.

Comment

Working...
      X