Losing power to throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing power to throttle

I have a 2007 RZ2. I've had this problem all season. I've had several mechanics look at, been on the phone with Tige and marine power and nobody knows what the problem is. When ever I put down the throttle I lose power. Engine is on all the lights are on but just no power to the throttle. This happens every time I take the boat out whether cruising pulling a wakeboarder or surfing. It's intermittent but happens at least 2-3 times each time I take the boat out. I have to put the boat in neutral and then start again. I've replaces the throttle protentimeter, checked all lines, pressure and fuel pumps. It doesn't seem mechanical. Marine power wants me to send in my ecm to them to reflash or fix. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? If I send my ecm to marine power from Cananda I'm worried I'll lose weeks of my season. Anyone know if I can get a spare ecm that would work with my boat while it's being looked at? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

is your speedset on when this happens?

I ask because this happens to me periodically when speedset is on. We just have learned to anticipate it and assumed that it is normal.
    Last edited by dj2; 06-28-2017, 05:12 AM.

Comment

It happens both when speed set is on and off. There is nothing about this that is normal. Had the boat out for 1/2 an hour yesterday lost power about 8 times.

Comment

i would check the reo-stat on the back of the shift linkage those were a definite problem of what your explaining , I would also try running all on one battery and get some bolt readings and then try it again on the other battery again.
        I'm willing to bet it's the reo stat if I had to guess
        surf till u die.

Comment

I too own a 2007 RZ2 and am having the same problem. After towing for about a half hour yesterday, my throttle started sputtering when trying to take off but would be fine when I got up to speed. Also I noticed when I'm at idle speed the RPM's become very erratic and I begin to lose power to my throttle control. Any advice is appreciated

Comment

Paddle wheel

Originally posted by Nruane93 View Post
            I too own a 2007 RZ2 and am having the same problem. After towing for about a half hour yesterday, my throttle started sputtering when trying to take off but would be fine when I got up to speed. Also I noticed when I'm at idle speed the RPM's become very erratic and I begin to lose power to my throttle control. Any advice is appreciated
            If it's the same issue as mine you have to get your ecm reflashed by marine power. It's some kind of conflict with the paddle wheel. To test it. Disconnect the paddle wheel connector and drive the boat around. If this fixes your problem there is a good chance the solution is getting your ecm reflashed. Mine was just reflashed and I am testing it out tomorrow for the first time

Comment

Working...
            X