Monster Towers Cargo Bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Towers Cargo Bimini

I know someone out there has installed one of these things.

Was hoping for some feedback before I purchase. I kinda hate that it only comes in black but maybe I can work a custom sunbrella later.

How was the install?

How much do you really use the tilt feature?

Can you tow at speed with it up (55 mph)?

I have the measurements from my E Series tower but would like to compare notes with someone that has installed one on this tower.

Any pics to please for those that have one! Looking purchase tonight to have by this weekend for install.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

While I don't know about this Bimini in particular I have installed and owned a monster tower. They make good stuff and have great customer service.
    I've been looking for a way to attach boards on top of my Bimini as well but don't want to over stress it. If you have a Bimini already perhaps something like this would work for ya...

IMG_4594.jpg

Comment

If you are looking for board storage, hop over to WW and check out Corson Piper's surf racks. I bought a set, have them togethwe, just have to clamp on the tower. Seem well made.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Used one for 7 yrs. I didn't really store anything on it. Never used tilt. I wouldn't tow faster than 40mph but I'll bet it could take 55. I always took it off for towing.

All in all, it's OK and provided some shade.

Comment

A buddy of mine did a cargo on his 22V with E series and I think it was the monster. I messaged him to see of he might remember anything.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Bakes, would you buy it again?

I have custom board racks that keep my SoulCrafts well protected but can only hold 2 right now. When I am out with others that surf I have 4-5 boards bouncing around in the bow. The owners may not care but I cringe at the sight and sound of boards slapping together. Figure if I can load 2-3 boards in the Bimini safely that would clear up some room.

Hoping it's bigger than my factory Bimini, but I am 6'4" and don't want to duck to get under the Bimini.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
              Thanks for all the replies guys.

Bakes, would you buy it again?

I have custom board racks that keep my SoulCrafts well protected but can only hold 2 right now. When I am out with others that surf I have 4-5 boards bouncing around in the bow. The owners may not care but I cringe at the sight and sound of boards slapping together. Figure if I can load 2-3 boards in the Bimini safely that would clear up some room.

Hoping it's bigger than my factory Bimini, but I am 6'4" and don't want to duck to get under the Bimini.

Any pics of your custom rack? I'm sick of having the boards in the boat and all the stuff I see on the market will ding your board edges up. Like you said it'd be nice to have room for 3-4 at least.

Comment

Made them out of the OEM wakeboard racks. Extra protection and they swivel in on the original mount.IMG_0495.jpgIMG_0493.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dandy View Post
                  If you are looking for board storage, hop over to WW and check out Corson Piper's surf racks. I bought a set, have them togethwe, just have to clamp on the tower. Seem well made.

Those racks are pretty sweet! Did you Purchase these recently? His add is old and I saw that quite a few people where trying to get in touch with him. Saw these over there as well, endless racks. Both cool designs.
                  IMG_4609.jpg

Comment

German- nice work. I'm thinking about doing something similar to this as well if I can find something cheap that I don't mind cutting up. Thanks for posting man

Comment

That's a cool design, could be easy to make but I could imagine with a Bimini up they would be a pain to get to and the E tower is tall and nothing is straight on them, it's all bends.

Hopefully someone out there has a picture of one these biminis on an E tower, really curious how it would look

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                        Those racks are pretty sweet! Did you Purchase these recently? His add is old and I saw that quite a few people where trying to get in touch with him. Saw these over there as well, endless racks. Both cool designs.
                        [ATTACH]45787[/ATTACH]
                        I purchased them a few weeks ago. I emailed back and forth with a few questions, sent a pick of our boat for his recommendation, sent pay pal payment and they arrived about 3 days later. I have them assembled and hope to get them on soon. I will post up a pic when done. For the e series tower, you need to use a single clamp install.

"I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                          That's a cool design, could be easy to make but I could imagine with a Bimini up they would be a pain to get to and the E tower is tall and nothing is straight on them, it's all bends.

Hopefully someone out there has a picture of one these biminis on an E tower, really curious how it would look
                          Heres a thread about surf pockets on the Bimini. I will probably be doing this on my new boat.
                          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...op-for-Alpha-Z

Or check out this
                          https://www.westmarine.com/buy/liqui...-bag--17989682

Comment

Dandy, is his setup a one stop shop now or do you have to piece together mounts and pads still?

Comment

I saw the same racks on WW and decided to build them myself. Was pretty easy to make. Having the bimini up on the e tower can make it a little challenging to get to the boards. I put tags hanging down from the bungee cords that makes it easy to hook/unhook. However, it much better than having the boards laying around in the boat. Boards are tilted forward a little due to the angle of the tower, but in reality, it keeps them in place with the wind. I don't have a picture of the racks with the bimini up...sorry
                              IMG_20150708_184336033.jpgIMG_20150708_184319848.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X