Taps Switch on 08 RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps Switch on 08 RZ2

I am going to look at an 08 RZ2 tonight and in the pictures provided I don't see the taps switch the out side/ side facing you on the gear shift.
    Where is it located?

Thanks
    Sam
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Do you have a link to the listing so that we can check out pics?

Is this the one you are looking at?
    http://www.onlyinboards.com/2008-Tig...uri-65839.aspx

I noticed that this boat does not have the switch on the throttle for TAPS. I took a peak on onlyinboards at all listed 2007-2009 tiges and they all seem to have a switch, but this one.
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I've seen the heads on those throttles spin before. Perhaps the switch is on the other side because of this.

Comment

Dandy,
        That is the one we went an looked at, It was on the throttle, since they are not a Tige dealer and when the called Tige they said that switch can't be bought anymore they installed a little toggle switch !
        I will be in search of a switch or see what the problem is. They thought it might be a bad wire in the throttle. I did buy it. It needs a little TLC and I think it will be a nice.
        It needs a few seat repairs, those will be a winter project I think.
        First thing I need that switch fixed

Jetdriver & Dandy

Thanks for the info.
        Sam
        15 Escalade ESV-Black
        08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

What's the problem with a toggle?? Does taps plate move up and down?? Gauge work?? Like most people you will probably set it and it will stay there once your wave/wake dials in. Unless you are returning it to full down position for hole shots then re-engage every pull, and even if that was the case, once speedset takes over your hands would be free to use toggle. Guess I'm curious with the fixation on having the switch in throttle head.

There is also a thread where someone recently fixed one up and they listed the switch they found aftermarket and posted project pics and links

Comment

Working...
          X