Do you know what this plug is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what this plug is?

I was looking around the engine compartment last night and found a few things I'm not sure about... This is in my 2016 R21 on the top of the block on the starboard side.

I also have these open ended wires in different parts of the boat. (Back of the boat, behind speakers)

I was hoping with all the awesome knowledge on this forum someone would know what these are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The one down by the tiller arm looks to be a blue wire. That would likely be for lights. I bet if you pulled the wire out of the loom about 6", you will find a tag on it that indicates what its for.

The weather-pak engine connector is likely an unused engine accessory thats parts of a universal engine harness that goes with multiple engine options.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      The one down by the tiller arm looks to be a blue wire. That would likely be for lights. I bet if you pulled the wire out of the loom about 6", you will find a tag on it that indicates what its for.

The weather-pak engine connector is likely an unused engine accessory thats parts of a universal engine harness that goes with multiple engine options.
      Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The but connectors in your bilge are going to be the wires tige ran for underwater transom lights. Of you ever want to add them it's as simple as crimpim two wires into those. There are most likely two more behind little plastic panel in your port locker.

I can only go out on a limb for your engine harness plug, but I believe Indmar doesn't build there harness in house, and for cost savings aren't building different harnesses for the NA and supercharged motors. So I'm probably guessing it's an charge air temp sensor or intake air temp sensor plug for supercharged motor. I do know for sure that supercharged motor has some sensors that NA models don't have, but that's pure speculation on my part as to what that plug is. Regardless, it seems superfluous or else you would be getting check engine lights and codes.

Edit- Mike beat me to the punch again!!

Comment

The harness plug is for the DTC diagnostics connection. There should be a female cap for it or you can order another online.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Hate to be "that" guy but Diacom/DTC plug is not up top by ecm on that motor. Down on port side and is a wider flatter connector.

Comment

Working...
            X