Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cockpit heater always on (blowing hot air)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cockpit heater always on (blowing hot air)

Evening, Has anyone had the problem with the cockpit heater always blowing hot air? Using my tige touch i can turn the heater on low and high and it it really pumps it out, but when i turn if off it still blows, and come summer time it will really BLOW it i can't fit it! I Thought about just unhooking the lines but i'd rather have it function correctly. thanks

Does it feel like the fan is still running or are you just feeling heat radiating from the outlets?

Comment

If the blower is always running I would suggest checking out the medallion and the bypass box below it. Make sure none of the switches are in up position. Make sure blower fuse in medallion is in left slot(in same row as all the fuses). Some medallion boxes experienced failures and they would typically run loads constantly. Hopefully this is not the case and its radiant heat that you are talking about.

Comment

Ok it is radiating heat, but I'm going to have to disconnect it completely Bc it's too much added heat for the Texas summer, is also creating a lot of condensation under the dash any ideas where the best place is to disconnect or close it off? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can either bypass it at the engine with a small length of hose or at the heater with an inline splice. If a closed cooled motor I would do it at heater, but I'm guessing you aren't closed cool. If you are getting condensation uder the helm your heater core may be leaking..

Comment

When you unplug the heater fuse inside the black box (medallion power module) the blower motor for the heater still blows air?
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
            X