Seat back removal 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat back removal 21v

Have a 1999 21v rider that is in need of upholstery work. Can anyone tell me how the seat backs are removed?

If it's like most boat cushions you'll need to reach behind them. It's helpful if you're built like an orangutan with long arms. You can get to the mounting studs by removing seat cushions and reaching under and back. They're not generally mounted very tight. Use a ratchet with a deep socket (approx 1/2 in I think). And do it by feel. Replacing the washer, lock washer and nut combo is a little tough with one hand but doable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2004 24v was just screws in the seam between the upper and lower cushion. Just need to find them all and unscrew them. Could be different on your year though.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

In 1999 they were held on by wood screws inserted in between the top and bottom rolls. You will have to peel them back and look for the holes on the vinyl.

Comment

If you have a "Riders Edition" the seatbacks have have studs mounted in them. The studs go through the boat wall and are held on with a nut that you need to remove. You will need to start under the helm/or the observer's seat and remove each panel working to the back of the boat. You will need to reach behind the seats and through random holes that are cut out in the boat walls behind the seats. You will scratch up your arms. If you find a better way access andremove these, please share...

Comment

Working...
          X