2011 RZ4 speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 RZ4 speedo

Speedometer not registering. Where do I start to look?

Neither the analog needle or digital display? Start with stuck or broken paddle wheel
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm with Mike. My money is on a bad paddle wheel. If you trailer it a long distance, the wind blowing across it can melt it while its spinning on the shaft. Get under the boat and check that first. It should not be wobbly and it should freely spin.

If its good, lets verify its not something else before you trow down the cash for a new triducer.

Can you see depth and water temp? If so the power and ground is good. I assume you can see RPM when the engine is running. That verifies CAN is good from the powerplant to the dash.
      The green wire is speed. Verify you have continuity from the plug at the paddle wheel to pin #5 on the 20 pin engine connector. If all of that is good, buy a new paddle wheel.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

water/air temp registering as well as RPM. Is this something I have to remove the floorboard to replace?

Comment

Originally posted by kmkramer71 View Post
          water/air temp registering as well as RPM. Is this something I have to remove the floorboard to replace?
          Should not have to, on an 2008 RZ4 it was on the port side just in front of the engine.

Comment

I cannot find this thing from the top side. I've looked in the engine lid and in the transmission pull out.

Comment

Working...
            X