Best prop for my R21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best prop for my R21

I am looking at picking up a new prop for my boat (2016 R21) and was wondering if anyone here has changed out theirs yet. What is the best surf prop for dropping RPM'S while surfing/wakeboarding?

Does anyone know what the stock prop would be?

For my 2016 Z1 the stock propeller was an ACME 1939 but made it change at dealer when a bought it because the 1433 is better for surfing. Stock prop are usually for recreational/everything.

It's all the same prop for R20, R21, RZR, Z1
    - all around : ACME 1939
    - wakeboard/surfing : ACME 1433
    - for heavily Weighted : ACME 1617
    Last edited by Mike88; 04-19-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help! I will look into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What's a good rpm range when you are surfing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I run a 1433 on my boat and its an awesome prop with lots of torque. Also does pretty well at top and I can do 41-42mph, tho I almost never go over 30. It is for surfing and I lot some top end but got tons of low end and love it. Close to 12k lbs of boat and ballast when fully loaded and zero cavitation or hesitation with that prop (409 engine at 800ft elevation).
          You can call Nettle Props @ 512-837-7707. They can tell you everything you need to know and sell ACME props and also do repairs. I sent them a dinged up prop that got pretty messed up....they repaired it for about $185 with shipping.
          I think most prop repairs are normally $210 if it needs a good bit of work, but because I bought my 1433 from them, I got a $50 coupon...think standard shipping was $25-30

Comment

My rpm is 3200 when surfing with ballast. It depends on your engine tho. You don't always get better fuel economy having lower rpm. Depending on the torque curve of your engine, when fully loaded and surfing, you want it close to your peak curve, or you engine can start "lugging" and you don't want that as it can prematurely wear it out...something I recently learned. Overpropping is the quickest way to have engine lug....its like driving your loaded vehicle up a hill at 30mph in 5th gear, its not designed to be in such a low rpm under load like that and parts will break down quicker

Comment

Nettle is the man!!! Best place to buy and or send a prop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              71 Cut Supreme, 70 3 Door Suburban, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 12 F21 Surf Machine!
              http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/onetogofast/IMG_4360.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X