Vibration sound and feel at speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration sound and feel at speed?

I took the boat out for the 2nd time this season and had a about 12 people in the boat cruising at about 18 MPH with everything running just fine and then all of a sudden the boat started marking a load vibration sound? With music playing and all the people in the boat it's hard to say if we hit anything or not but there wasn't any real obvious sound but it was a very sudden change from no vibration to a lot. Afterwords I could run at about 10 mph and the boat sounded fine but if I went up to anything above 12 or 13mph it starts making a loud vibration sound. The boat also feels like it's vibrating a little but the noise is worse. I put the boat up on the lift and expected to see a big dent or something in the prop but everything looked fine. Not sure if a whole blade could get knocked out of angle without really showing a dent and would be more difficult to see? The drive shaft also looked fine, I couldn't see any visible damage.
    So I'm trying to figure out if there is something else that could cause this type of vibration to suddenly occur other then the prop? The second thing I'm trying to determine is with a 3 plus week wait at the local marina am I better off just buying a new prop and putting it on to either solve the issue or eliminate the prop as a problem?
    My boat is a 2010 RZ2 and I just had it serviced and had the fresh air exhaust installed (I don't think the FAE caused any of the problems).

Any help or suggestions are appreciated, Thanks!

Possibly bad gas or bad plug(s) not getting a good spark at rpm?

Comment

Good news there is nothing wrong your boat! You have cavitation, to many people on the boat and likely not evenly distributed. Get yourself a new prop, call acme propellers and tell them what you got they'll hook it up. Don't take your boat the dealer to have them charge you some crazy number all tell you something crazy like "You need new clutch plates in your trans".
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueridgeLake View Post
        I took the boat out for the 2nd time this season and had a about 12 people in the boat cruising at about 18 MPH with everything running just fine and then all of a sudden the boat started marking a load vibration sound? With music playing and all the people in the boat it's hard to say if we hit anything or not but there wasn't any real obvious sound but it was a very sudden change from no vibration to a lot. Afterwords I could run at about 10 mph and the boat sounded fine but if I went up to anything above 12 or 13mph it starts making a loud vibration sound. The boat also feels like it's vibrating a little but the noise is worse. I put the boat up on the lift and expected to see a big dent or something in the prop but everything looked fine. Not sure if a whole blade could get knocked out of angle without really showing a dent and would be more difficult to see? The drive shaft also looked fine, I couldn't see any visible damage.
        So I'm trying to figure out if there is something else that could cause this type of vibration to suddenly occur other then the prop? The second thing I'm trying to determine is with a 3 plus week wait at the local marina am I better off just buying a new prop and putting it on to either solve the issue or eliminate the prop as a problem?
        My boat is a 2010 RZ2 and I just had it serviced and had the fresh air exhaust installed (I don't think the FAE caused any of the problems).

Any help or suggestions are appreciated, Thanks!
        I would check everything, whats weird is that you said it was fine. Did the conditions change? Rough water etc? If it did I would agree with brad. If you ran the boat no problem for a significant time with that many people, at that speed and in those conditions and nothing was wrong then all of a sudden something happened I would start looking.

As funny as it may sound, I had this issue running back along the river one night. Boat all of sudden vibrated to all hell like I hit something or wrapped the prop in seaweed. I ended up having a bad isolator and the motor and voltage even while running was dropping the voltage down so low that the ecu started having issues which caused gnarly vibration reminiscent of a prop strike.....

Check it all if it was all of a sudden and constant, usually cav, comes and goes..
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
          Good news there is nothing wrong your boat! You have cavitation, to many people on the boat and likely not evenly distributed. Get yourself a new prop, call acme propellers and tell them what you got they'll hook it up. Don't take your boat the dealer to have them charge you some crazy number all tell you something crazy like "You need new clutch plates in your trans".
          I didn't even think of that, but should have. It's happened a few times and the first time makes you think something major is wrong with the boat.

Comment

Did you check the transmission fluid?

Comment

Working...
            X