2015 Z1 battery Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 Z1 battery Connections

Getting ready to drop the boat in the water, went to connect the battery up (after charging) as the dealer disconnected them when it was winterized. I was thrown off by the number of connections! Most is pretty straight forward, but there are two identical wires I'm unsure of. They are smaller brown wires, with a black plastic protector around the wire. Protector has a small blue line running the length of them. Does anyone know what this wire is? I tried to track it, but unfortunately I don't exactly fit in the area and struggle enough to get my hands and body in a position to access the battery's.

Brown is typically bilge pump. Does your boat have more than one bilge pump? Are there inline fuse holders close to the ends?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Just one bilge pump, and yes there are fuse holders about 2 feet from the end of the wire.

Comment

put the transom plug in, fill the bilge with water and touch each brown wire to the battery B+ post. One will turn the bilge on. The other brown, im not sure.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Most likely the other brown wire is from the battery isolator. Look at the isolator. There is a purple wire for ignition and there should be another small gauge wire for monitoring the house battery. I bet you it's the wire to monitor the house battery.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X