Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having Problems with the surf link remote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having Problems with the surf link remote.

Just got my new RZX out on the water and my surf link remote does nothing. Is there a process to link the remote with the boat? Or maybe the remote needs new batteries. Ive looked through all
    the manuals and there is no info on trouble shooting this problem. So, I'm asking for some help from someone smarter than me.

Start with the remote battery, mine only lasted 1 season and I rarely use it.

Comment

Its semi sensitive to where you point it. Make sure its pointed at the transom when you're out on the wave. Have you checked to see if its responding from inside the boat?

Good luck.
      -Brandon Lucas
      Houston, Tx

Comment

Thanks for the response. I changed the battery as suggested but the remote still did not work. So I called tech support at Tige, Inc. and was told I had to also sync the remote to the boat. I followed their instructions and now the remote works
        and I can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Comment

Just for future reference for anyone searching the forums with this problem.
          Re syncing the Surf Link remote.

Go to the receiver (under the dash in all models but RZX2/3 - they have them in the port storage area) Looks like a heat shrinked tube about 1"x5"x1.5". Typically mounted to the wires from the PDM's. You will see a small orange wire coiled up. Touch it to any 12v power (fuse panel is right by it), press the up arrow button on the remote, release button then release the orange wire from power. That's it.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X