Ronix 3700 GPH Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronix 3700 GPH Pump

Hi I'm new to the forum, just bought my first Tige last week. My first v-drive, but not my first boat.

It's a new-to-me 2004 22v. It was used heavily for surfing, so it came with 3 ballast bags (2 - Ronix CTN1100s, and 1 - Ronix CTN800), and two 3700 GPH Ronix pumps (Link: http://www.ronixwakestore.com/eight-...3700-pump.html)

I didn't know to ask the question to the dealer at the time. But it appears these pumps require a 20 Amp system. How would I be able to verify that in the boat?

Additionally, I actually have a cheap 1100 GPH pump from my last boat. Would i be able to run all three in parallel, or will I have to do one at a time to not overtax the electrical system? (Also has a 700w stereo while we're talking electrical demands)

Originally posted by hilljroberts View Post
    Hi I'm new to the forum, just bought my first Tige last week. My first v-drive, but not my first boat.

It's a new-to-me 2004 22v. It was used heavily for surfing, so it came with 3 ballast bags (2 - Ronix CTN1100s, and 1 - Ronix CTN800), and two 3700 GPH Ronix pumps (Link: http://www.ronixwakestore.com/eight-...3700-pump.html)

I didn't know to ask the question to the dealer at the time. But it appears these pumps require a 20 Amp system. How would I be able to verify that in the boat?

Additionally, I actually have a cheap 1100 GPH pump from my last boat. Would i be able to run all three in parallel, or will I have to do one at a time to not overtax the electrical system? (Also has a 700w stereo while we're talking electrical demands)
    Well It depends on how your power system is configured.
    The stereo system is on a different circuit than the power outlets usually

The Ronix pump is a 3700 GPH 20Amp Pump. The link you sent states that clearly. Although the pump will probably not draw 20A all the time, the manufacturer recommends that so you can avoid popping fuses based on inrush or high load conditions.

So 20A x 3 pumps is 60Amps. You would pop fuses left right and center.

The lovely thing about these ronix pumps is they are so fast you will be able to fill up sacks 3x faster.

You should really get to learn your boat. Maybe look at your fuse/breaker panel. Look up some basic electrical theory. Use that search button on the forums instead of starting multiple posts asking the same questions over and over.,..

Congrats on your new boat...good luck

Comment

You could run them using relays and individual fused power leads straight from the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        You could run them using relays and individual fused power leads straight from the battery.
        Yeah that's what I was thinking, sorry I should have given a little more explanation...

I don't have the boat currently as its already in storage, so I can't take a look at how it's currently wired. Before posting I searched for posts about these pumps in particular (there is one other post already not exactly related to the 20A draw), and looked for 20A posts to see how I could tell if my boat has already been rewired by the prior owner (bought it from a out of state dealer).

I guess I should have been more direct with questions. The boat has a 8.3 wake wedge, so I would fill both lockers equally.

If I was building the boat I would wire each cigarette adapter on its own circuit, I doubt that was a priority back then in 2004... But was curious if anyone knew if the driver side adapter and stereo glove box adapter are on separate circuits or wired in series?

So if I run individual leads off each battery and install a 20 amp adapter in each locker firewall I can fill each in parallel (off separate batteries). Has anyone done this? Any particular 20amp kits people would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just install new power ports in each locker and run fused power leads from the battery. A lot easier than trying to rewire the boat.

Comment

hill,

first you will want to make sure any and all ACC sockets are wired with 12ga wire. I would suggest each is wired directly to the battery ground and main switch B+ common and fused with a 20A. No issue running the 3 pumps all at once, however, each of the 3700's will require their own ACC socket as 20A is taxing the limits of a typical socket anyway. SO by default, you will need a 3rd socket for the 1100.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X