How do I remove the throttle lever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I remove the throttle lever?

I'm tying to remove the panel to get access to the tower mount and need to remove the throttle lever on my 2005 24V, any suggestions?

I took a look at this earlier this summer. I believe you have to remove the Allen set screw on the very bottom of the handle where it joins the spindle. There's also a center hub screw that can be easily seen and removed.

When I looked at it I wasn't convinced the handle had to come off. You may be able to remove all the fasteners on the side panel and slip it over the handle. Please report your results back to this thread when you figure it out as I will have to remove my tower at some point to get it refinished.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the info I will try to get to it this week and let you know.

Comment

I couldn't get the panel off with the level still on. I tried the set screw and button screw but still couldn't get the level off. Going to take it in. Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          I couldn't get the panel off with the level still on. I tried the set screw and button screw but still couldn't get the level off. Going to take it in. Thanks for your help
          That is not good. If I understand correctly, are you saying with the handle removed the panel still doesn't come off? What is holding it on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X