Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tige v22 2003 - what is the Red light on dash??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige v22 2003 - what is the Red light on dash??

Hello everybody,

My brother has bought the boat in spring en yesterday the red light on the dash turned on... Please kan somebody tell us what that is??

It seemed that the engines didn't start as smoothley as it shoot.

We don't have a owners manuel!

Greetings Oscar

do's somebody have a manuel (pdf??) Thanks!!

I am relatively new to boats and Tige, but I lurk in the shadows reading alot of forum posts, so FWIW, I believe that is the transmission/oil pressure light (sensor is actually in V-Drive), which can go for several reasons. 1 - low oil, 2 - running the boat at low RPM (I believe there is mention of the light coming on if running the boat under 1200RPM being normal). Until someone else chimes in, a safe bet would be to check the oil levels in the v-drive and the transmission.

Comment

If it's the same as my boat, 2000 21v, then the light should come on any time the key is on with the transmission in neutral regardless of engine speed. This is because the pump in the v-drive is not pumping when the trans is in neutral. When you are under way the light should turn off somewhere around 500-1200 rpm. Seems to be a bit different with each boat as the pressure sensor switches between like 2-5 psi. If you're cruising above say 1500 with the light on you need to look into it.

Comment

WP_20160618_011.jpg

for model look ad the picture... is different than 21v, I Think.. Or not??

Thanks for your reaction..

Comment

Great info! I was wondering too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same drive, light will be on at low rpm's until transmission/drive pressure comes up. If it's on all the time, check levels and have looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reply....A little late, but it indeed was de low oil level in de v drive.

On the other hand the light never comes on. At low rpm's the light stays off.

Comment

So it went from being on to now always being off? Check the switch, broken wires, and then a bad bulb.

Comment

I am new to boat ownership also , just bought a 2000 V21 . Not sure about the transmission on the V drive . The velvet drive is behind the motor ,then another part behind that that has the cooler lines going to it . They have seprate dip sticks . Not sure whats what but the one with the cooling lines seems to have water in the oil . What are we looking at here ? Thanks Jim

Comment

Jim,
                    The velvet drive is your transmission (bolted to bell housing), the next gearcase back is the v drive. Just guessing but yours is probably painted blue which will make it a Walter. There is a breather on top op the box next to the dipstick. If the bilge takes on enough water you can have water incursion. There is a small drain plug on the bottom of the Walters but it's next to impossible to recover the oil that will drain out of it. I would suck the contaminated fluid out and refill. Run your boat on fake a lake in gear to circulate oil. Suction oil out again as it will most likely still contain water. Refill, run and check oil again. If it appear to still have water repeat process. After your first lake trip monitor oil. After you have a load on the prop you may see some more water present in the oil.

Comment

Working...
                    X