2006 24Ve' 5.7 34-Hp Marine Power Max Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 24Ve' 5.7 34-Hp Marine Power Max Range

Has anyone tested this? I have a 48 gallon tank, and have always just put gas in it when I am near a dock since running out of gas is fear of mine. I have never tried to stretch the legs on the range of the boat. Obviously surfing or heavily weighted will significantly increase the hourly burn rate but what about max range at cruise speed (24-26mph)? I have run about 30 miles round trip after a full day of surfing the day before and burned about 30 gallons. I am wondering if anyone has a ballpark MPG instead of GPH? I have looked at flow scans and several other flow meters to monitor fuel burn but with fuel injected motors I have been told they can be off by as much 20% due to fuel return lines. I understand that everyone's performance will vary wildly due to (prop, weight, altitude, ect.) but I figure I can average the performance rates and get a ballpark performance fuel burn ratio.

What Fuel economy do you get when surfing? IN GPH
    What is the Max Range you have gone just at cruise? IN MPG

Thanks for any/all help
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

I've been wondering about this as well. My tank is 40 gallons. At the reunion, we'd like to take a ride to Hoover Dam. I know we can't get real close to it, but it would be cool to see it from the bottom, looking up. How far of a trip is it from Temple Bar?

I get anywhere from 3 to 5 GPH surfing at about 3000 RPM's. Is it safe to assume I would get the same amount cruising at that same RPM, whatever the speed is?

Comment

I know this doesn't answer your question, but from looking at MPG charts on boattest.com these boats SEEM to be most efficient when on plane, but at the speed that JUST puts them on plane (ie approx. 18-20mph)

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
        I've been wondering about this as well. My tank is 40 gallons. At the reunion, we'd like to take a ride to Hoover Dam. I know we can't get real close to it, but it would be cool to see it from the bottom, looking up. How far of a trip is it from Temple Bar?

I get anywhere from 3 to 5 GPH surfing at about 3000 RPM's. Is it safe to assume I would get the same amount cruising at that same RPM, whatever the speed is?
        UNSTUCK: you looking for something like this:
        image.jpg

The ride to the bottom of the dam is pretty. You will need to put in at willow beach. It is a 40 min drive from temple bar marina to willow beach. The Colorado river from willow beach north to the dam is a conservation area. Power boats are not allowed up there from Labor Day through Memorial Day: https://www.nps.gov/lake/planyourvis...strictions.htm
        The ride and trip up the river is definitely worth it. There is a certain beauty about this desert river.

If you are looking at boating all the way to the dam from temple bar, you are in for a haul; at least a two hour boat ride at cruising speed. You can get gas at Las Vegas boat harbor around the corner from the dam. You can get a little closer to the dam from the lake mead side:image.jpg(this was just last week with my daughter and her friends)

PM me if you have questions.

I have gone all the way from Las Vegas boat harbor, through the narrows, up to the point where Overton arm breaks off, played for the day and returned to the marina with plenty of gas (this was on my prior 21' with 350 and 30 gallon tank).
        Here is a helpful chart: image.gif
        Last edited by boonecragun; 09-03-2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

We have the same hull (2009 24Ve) and as I recall ours burns 4-5 GPH at fast cruise (around 20-25 MPH). I will get an accurate number for you the next time we go out, but it's supposed to rain for the next several days.

Comment

Was up at willow this weekend saw a lot of boats headed up to the dam for the last run of the season. I smartly left my boat at home this weekend and rode the seadoos, don't think the wind dropped below 15mph all weekend. Always forget how cold the water is there! Saw a few Tige's out this weekend RZ2 or RZ4 Red and White staying at Hoover Dam Lodge, and a sick Z3 (black and Green) seen both boats before but was always going the other direction so never had a chance to stop and talk to them, then saw a nice 2100V or 2300V on the way home headed west on the 40 (can spot the Metacraft tower from miles away).

I was hoping to get the boat on the water this weekend to do some fuel burn testing but just didn't have the desire to deal with the wind and going through the narrows out there can see ocean size swells. Next time the boat is in the water will be the reunion so maybe I will do some testing at the reunion just to see what it will do.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
            X