Front bags on a 2013 Z3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front bags on a 2013 Z3

Are all front bags in Tige boats free standing? Reason I ask is that the front bags on my Z3 have repeatedly become twisted. In that the inflow line becomes rotated to the bottom of the bag and the outflow becomes rotated to the top. Something that needs to be corrected at least a couple times a summer. It has gotten to a point that I no longer replace the black fiber boards that cover access to the bow. Even when they are in the proper position the front bags never completely empty (poor pump set up emptying if you ask me). Do other models or brands have a better system in order to meet the front bags from becoming twisted? It seems like there should be a compartment (like a 2x6 ridge) to keep them in the proper position??

I have this same problem on my 2015 Z3. It is usually the starboard bow ballast bag for me. I'm thinking of cutting a hole in the bow fiberglass pan and installing a hatch under the center cushion so I can fix this easier. In my opinion the design is less than optimal.

I also have trouble with the rear ballast bags displacing the black plastic partition boards toward the exhaust manifolds on the engine. This happens on both sides every time I fill the back ballast bags. I have reset the black plastic partition boards into the channel at the bottom and added some screws but the basalt bags just force them out of the channel and almost touch the engine. I'm trying to come up with a better bottom bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcfadden View Post
      I have this same problem on my 2015 Z3. It is usually the starboard bow ballast bag for me. I'm thinking of cutting a hole in the bow fiberglass pan and installing a hatch under the center cushion so I can fix this easier. In my opinion the design is less than optimal.

I also have trouble with the rear ballast bags displacing the black plastic partition boards toward the exhaust manifolds on the engine. This happens on both sides every time I fill the back ballast bags. I have reset the black plastic partition boards into the channel at the bottom and added some screws but the basalt bags just force them out of the channel and almost touch the engine. I'm trying to come up with a better bottom bracket.
      Snag some engine divider supports from wake makers. Well worth the $$ and your dividers won't budge again.... https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...WnKBoCzsDw_wcB
      -Brandon Lucas
      Houston, Tx

Comment

Forget those useless bags!! Tear them out and put in a single triangle sac! The fly high W706 fits perfect!!
        Check classifieds too..... I'm selling one, but none the less trust me it's the ticket. Crawl under there and measure it for yourself it's like it was made for it. Plus it's 1000lbs.

Bow weight is bow weight it doesn't need to be on one side or the other I ALWAYS ran my triangle full !

Comment

I love my stock front bags, plenty of weight and they havent moved yet. The ability to fill one to a certain amount and the other to another is the cats meow and something I wouldnt want to lose. I constantly take away some bow weight side specific with taps 3.
          Germaine Marine
          "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I drilled two access holes in mine. Just took a 4" hole saw and went to work. There is a 4" wide "stringer" down the middle, so try to go to the outside of that.

I did buy a hatch to install, but never actually put it in. I didn't want to cut through that stringer. However I think the hatch would actually add more strength than it takes away.

Last edited by JohnnieMo; 09-09-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X