Under water transom light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under water transom light?

My 2007 RZ2 transom light works good for awhile and then shuts off for about a minute then comes back on. I have not had a chance to check the ground or the wiring yet. Just curious if this is normal? I just bought the boat.

May be a dumb question but are you running the light while in the water or out? Some of the transom lights need to be in the water so they dont overheat.

Comment

In the water

Comment

I had a similar issue and found out the lens on the bulb was cracked. I have replaced the bulb twice in the 3+ years I have had this boat. I am making an assumption that my light is the same as yours (2008 RZ4). My bulb is an mr16 halogen bulb, I get them at Walmart for about $3.50 or so. Make sure to get the 12 volt version because they make the same bulb in 120 volt for track lighting. You will likely find water in the housing, mine always has water in it. There are 2 set screws on the nut that holds the lens on and I use a rag and large pipe wrench to remove and install said nut.
        Last edited by dj2; 08-04-2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check closer for cracks. I have seen any noticeable ones

Comment

check battery draw and status. Those can be the first things to flicker, go on and off etc if you have a bad battery.
            Germaine Marine
            "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

2007 RZ2 here. Used the pipe wrench/rag to get the the lens piece off but it looks like the old light needs to come out from the inside. How do I actually replace the dang bulb?

Comment

Working...
              X