Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailering ASR or RZX on Boatmate tandem axle trailer- Input/ Concerns

TO,

Topic seems a little silly, but I had a concern brought to my attention over the weekend from a friend with an ASR that has had the trailering arms bend over and over again on his tandem axle Boatmate trailer, with an ASR. He mentioned that if I were to step up to an RZX that a triple axle trailer should definitely be considered. My family tows about 10,000 miles per year, so proper trailer is a MUST, but a third axle seems like overkill for this rig.

Any input or advice is appreciated. Those with triple axle trailers, any input?

Thank you,

- Brandon
    -Brandon Lucas
    Houston, Tx

Talk to your dealer or Mark Gibbs at Boatmate, you definitely should consider the tandem XL model rated 10,000 GVWR.

Comment

I would go with a triple if you are planning to tow that much. The ASR and RZX are roughly 6000lbs dry. We have a RZX on triples and an ASR last year on a tandem axle setup and there is a night and day difference when towing. The boat travels so well behind the truck that you are not getting trailer sway and or the bounce on the back of the truck because of how even the weight is distributed on the trailer. I have not gone very long distances but towing around town back and forth to the boat show and to a Wake The World event it travels so nice. I also have a buddy with a Supra SE that has triples and he says the same thing compared to how his previous SE towed and he made two Shasta trips from Portland Oregon. I would strongly encourage thinking about ordering with triples you will not regret it plus it looks pretty dang good. rzx2.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Went with the triple on 18's. Should look sharp, too bad my boat will beat the trailer to the dealer by a week!
        -Brandon Lucas
        Houston, Tx

Comment

Working...
        X