Air Temp / Water Temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Temp / Water Temp

The air and water temperature gauge on my Z1 seems to be reading high. On average, both gauges seem to be about 10°F off. There is speed calibration and the TAPs calibration, but didn't see a calibration option in the menu for air and water temp.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I do as well - mine is very noticable for the Air temp - it was roughly 15* higher our last outing. Will a software upgrade fix this?

Comment

2016 Z3 with same problem

Comment

With a bit of maths it would be possible to adjust it by adding a resistor but is it worth it?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess my questions would be if it affects the fuel/air ratio - or performance of the engine?? or if this ambient temperature reading is strickly for information purposes only??

Comment

It won't have anything to do with the engine.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
              I guess my questions would be if it affects the fuel/air ratio - or performance of the engine?? or if this ambient temperature reading is strickly for information purposes only??
              It's only for informational purposes. It's more of an annoyance that it is inaccurate than anything else.

With multiple people having the same issue, I wonder if it's worth trying to contact the factory and seeing what their recommendation is.

Comment

Working...
              X