Alarm when letting off throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm when letting off throttle

Hey guys I have an 06 22ve new to me last season. When quickly coming off the throttle (mostly when using speedset cruise control) sometimes I will get an alarm of some sort. If I turn the engine off and restart, the alarm is off and everything works fine. This happened when the previous owner had it and is more of an annoyance than an actual performance issue.

Side note - there is a red light in the middle of the dash that flickers randomly. Just curious hat the light indicates. Thanks for the help.

It could be that your speedset sees the lack of throttle and needs more throttle to maintain speed. My Ridesteady does this until it realizes that I'm slowing down to stop, then it resets.

The light is probably the v-drive low oil pressure warning. Any time you're above an idle in gear the light should be off. The rest of the time it should be on. If it flickers randomly the two wires going to the pressure switch could be shorting against each other, or the switch could be going bad. At least this is how it is on my older boat.

Comment

I thought it might be something with cruise control too, but it's done it with and without cruise now. I'm not mechanical, but was thinking it might be a throttle position sensor. Maybe that would be worth checking into?

Comment

Only real way to know Is to get the fault scanned. Probably the position sensor though.

It won't be related to speed set.

I think the red light is to do with low v drive oil but not sure on that.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X