Battery issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery issue

I just bought a 2008 22VE, and I am having some trouble with the batteries. For some reason it is pulling from one battery, and it's causing the low voltage warning screen to appear. Eventually the battery will totally drain, and boat won't run! Please provide any suggestions or solutions. Thanks!

How is your battery selection switch set - 1, Both, 2? In the event you didn't know there was one, it should be found in the port rear storage compartment. It's a big red knob?
    "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

It only has an ON/OFF Switch, so I can't select which battery to pull from. At least I have only been able to find an On/Off Switch

Comment

That would be correct, with the factory EIDB. In most cases, its a rogue battery cable thats either connected to the wrong post or a not connected at all and has been overlooked. The ON/OFF switch simply interrupts the main cranking battery from the starter. All accessory loads are wired direct to the house battery. Now, unless someone has mixed around the batteries, the outboard battery will be the main cranking and the inboard will be the house. I would not discount a bad house battery also. Could be shorted out to the point that its just useless.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Do you have a diagram for wiring the batteries? The ones I've found online don't match up to my battery system.

Comment

I may have posted a diagram on this site at some point. However, there may be some minor difference from year to year, but the basic cable routing will be the same.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X