taps 2 won't go all the way down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taps 2 won't go all the way down

I have a 2012 tige z3 and my taps 2 trim tab won't go lower than 4. It will go down to 4 and back up, but won't go any lower than 4. i can here the hpu motor running but the actuator will not descend any more. I'm assuming this is a bennett trim tab system?? Is there an easy fix to this, i.e. add hydraulic fluid, or should I take it in. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Check your fluid level first
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

If your fluid level is good, then remove the actuator from the tab and try it again. With the actuator removed, can the tab rotate up and down freely? Will the actuator go all the way in and out?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
        If your fluid level is good, then remove the actuator from the tab and try it again. With the actuator removed, can the tab rotate up and down freely? Will the actuator go all the way in and out?
        Fluid looks good, and yes with the tab disconnected the actuator still does not progress. Tab is not damaged in any way, no sign of collison. I'm plan on taking it in. Thanks.

Comment

With the tab removed and trying to extend the actuator, does it get to a certain spot and just stop, or kind of coast to a stop? At that point, does the hydraulic hose go hard? If it does, your actuator is binding up and needs rebuilt/replaced. If it does not, the pump is probably bypassing, needing rebuild/replace.

Comment

Working...
          X