Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install of Indy Tower on 2000 Tige 21V

Updating my tower on my boat. I have a few questions about mounting it:

1. Should I use the current mounting locations for the new tower? it is within the range the company gives for mounting which is >65 inches. The distance for the stock tower is 66 inches. I have seen some mount this tower with new rear location farther back. Company said that the critical thing is to have the rear mount locations wider than the front.

2. I am trying to order a custom cover. They can find prefab for 2001 21V. but not for 2000. Are the tower mount locations the same for the 2000 and 2001?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you want I know Corey at Evolution Covers has a template for a 21v. I also have an Indy Tower and my cover fits it like a glove....

FYI Mine is also a 2000:

image4.JPG

Comment

that fits nice, I contacted him and he told me he did not have a template for 2000. I will try again, they seam to make some good quality covers.
      Did you send him the measurements of the tower location or did he go by a template only?

Comment

Originally posted by oldwakedoc View Post
        that fits nice, I contacted him and he told me he did not have a template for 2000. I will try again, they seam to make some good quality covers.
        Did you send him the measurements of the tower location or did he go by a template only?
        I replied to your PM but just in case others happen upon this thread in search:

I did send him measurements when he was making my cover. I assumed that he kept the measurements but I might be mistaken on that. I actually had the original metcraft tower when I measured the boat but the Indy tower installs in the stock holes so the cover still fit perfect when I swapped the tower....

If he didn't keep the measurements he will guide you on how to measure your boat...it's super easy....

I love my cover...it's towable and it was in some serious heavy rains last year and not a drop in the boat....

Comment

Working...
        X