Tower lights wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower lights wiring

I installed some headlights on the tower on my 2007 20V and I'd like to wire them into the factory "Tower" light switch. I didn't have any tower lights prior to the new ones but the switch is wired up. I figure the wiring runs to an open plug somewhere for a future light installation but can't for the life of me find the open plug. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks a bunch for your help.

Check that on of the wires going into the plug now has 12 volts to it all the time and that another wire has 12 volts with the switch on. If that is the case, which I'm sure it is, wire your lights to that wire. If you used LED lights you should be able to just wire them up. If you did not, you should run them through a relay. So when you turn the light switch on it turns the relay on and sends power to the lights that way instead.

Comment

I doubt you will find a "tower light" plug, but rather the switched B+ wire stubbed out somewhere. Good luck. I would just run my tower light harness B+ right to the back of the switch, use a volt meter to determine which is the correct switched output and then hook my wire right to the switch. Way quicker then trying to locate a clipped wired somewhere in the harness.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Wired my LED bar to my tower light switch too.. I just ran some speaker wire (+ and - together that way) straight to the switch. My switch was three position, which is what chp is referring to about the output. In mine, switch forward powered the lower output on the back of the switch and vice versa.. Actually, switch down (labeled aft tower lights on switch) powered only rear lights, but switch forward powered both rear and forward lights.. I hooked mine to just rear facing..

Comment

It would be just blue wire with a yellow butt connector on the end.

Comment

Thanks for your input y'all. I think I'll go ahead and wire to the switch to avoid opening up the looms.

Comment

Working...
            X