Perfect Pass Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Pass Question

I can set the PerfectPass Mph I want, throw the throttle down slowly until it beeps, then my boat keeps accelerating and doesn't hold the speed at which I set it at. I was going to do the servo motor troubleshoot but can't seem to find the servo motor. I have a 2005 22v Limited with the v8 GM Vortec 6.0L engine if that helps. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Attached Files

With the boat off, turn the key to the run position and you should hear the servo motor operating.

Comment

I do not see the servo motor in the picture. It is usually a silver box with a black knob on it. The black knob has a cable that attaches to it and the motor wraps the cable to hold the throttle in place.
      "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Remove your battery access panel and its mounted on the transom just above the batteries. Assuming your batteries are on the port side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looked there just now and it wasn't there either. I have 2 batteries down there with a Perko switch but no servo motor...

Comment

Is the boat new to you? Have you successfully used PP on this boat in the past? If you answered Yes to the first and/or No to the second, then maybe there was an issue and the previous owner removed the servo motor. Hopefully this is not the case, just throwing darts at the board.
            "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Thanks, I have owned it for a year now and the PerfectPass worked all last summer fine, it just started doing this recently. I can still obviously surf fine without the PP but it sure is easier with it :-)

Comment

It will be mounted high above the batteries inside the battery compartment.

Comment

^ Yep looked all up in there, everywhere thinking it was high

Comment

Next step would be find the throttle cable coming off the air intake and trace it to the servo motor.

Comment

Working...
                    X