Fuel Pump Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump Leaking

Just bought an 05 22v with the MP 340. When I started it on the fake a lake I detected two very fast dripping streams coming from the bottom of the fuel pump. I notice there are two 90 degree hoses in the bottom and I suspect that's where it's leaking. Has this happened to anyone else? How serious is this and how to fix?

Any fuel leak is very serious as far as safety is concerned. As far as the repair... Perhaps the previous owner replaced the pump recently prior to sale and the lines are loose? I can't imagine someone was cruising around with a fuel leak. I think if you know what a fuel pump is you can make the repair.

Comment

The two hoses at the bottom are water lines.

Comment

Yep that's just raw water. Could be the jubilee clips or the plate is loose. There is a single bolt that removes the plate that has rubber gasket on it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
          The two hoses at the bottom are water lines.
          You are correct. I misdiagnosed. I believe the problem resides in what I'm assuming is the low pressure fuel pump just to the left of the high pressure pump w/ filter. It looks like two separate fast drips and it's definitely gas.

I also noticed that when I go to start the motor, I can hear the fuel pump turn on, However the pump doesn't stop after the rail is pressurized. It just keeps running. On top of that the Check engine light is on. Ahhh! Springtime with a boat

Comment

Working...
          X