Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat Lift Modifications for my RZR

Hello,

I just bought a 2012 RZR and it is the first inboard that I have owned.

I plan on modifying my vertical lift (4500lbs) for the boat.

I have a few questions.

1. How much height do I need for clearance? I have heard 21"

2. Where can I get an adaptor for my existing lift? I have not had luck with any that tall.

3. When setting the front and rear distances for the bunks is there a standard widths for the RZR?

4. Currently I have lift guides that go the entire length from front to back. I am worried about it scratching the paint. Any opinions would be appreciated.

5. Any other items I am not accounting for?

Thanks

Any pictures of your lift? The way we use to set them up was starting with your trailer. We measured the rear bunk board width. Then measure the height from your prop guard to the bunks for clearance. Setting the front V block kind of fell where the cross bars of the lift were. typically not a lot of adjustment in it or wasn't on our lifts.

Comment

4500lb might be pushing it with your boat. Dry weight is 3500. Gear, fuel, batteries, speakers all that adds up to a lot of weight.

Comment

Had to modify a lift for my 22Ve this year. Best advice was to match the spacing on your trailer bunks and raise it high enough so there is zero chance your prop can hit. Call the manufacturer of your lift for bunk extenders.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

What brand/model lift do you have and where are you located?
            Andy Nesbitt

Comment

Working...
            X