2006 Tige' 24v audible alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Tige' 24v audible alarm

I have a continuous audible alarm at the dash that sounds from the time you turn the ignition on....... it is continuous until key is tuned off. Voltage and charging check good, oil pressure checks good, water flow and operating temp is good..... the alarm doesn't change if the engine is running or just the key on, it is continuous. Any help or advice would be helpful. Thanks

Do you have access to a Diacom?

Comment

Oil pressure switch?

You can make a DIY code reader with an led. A resistor and a bit of wire.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

the first thing we would do it plug it in and see what the code that is throwing is.

Comment

Mine, does the same thing. Done it since the day I bought the boat goes away after I start the boat. Always assumed it was the low oil pressure alarm since the engine wasn't running. Had the codes pulled nothing there.
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
            Mine, does the same thing. Done it since the day I bought the boat goes away after I start the boat. Always assumed it was the low oil pressure alarm since the engine wasn't running. Had the codes pulled nothing there.
            that would be normal but i think he said it happens with it running

Comment

Just a hunch... Faria commander series tach and speedo? Reach up under the dash and unplug the wire connector from the back of the tach and or the speedo and see if one of those kills your noise.. I had this happen to me last Labor Day and it was the lighting circuit in the speedo. When you push the up and down arrows together it dims or brightens the dash lights, making a beep in the process. Something in the gauge went haywire and it thought I was constantly pushing the buttons. I hadn't hit any rough water or anything. Shut the boat off in a cove for the kids to swim awhile and when I turned the key back on there was the beep/chirp... Took me all day and into the night to figure out what was goin on. Once the sun went down I could see that the lights in the speedo were constantly on as soon as the key was turned on.. Sent gauge to Faria to be rebuilt and they mailed me a new one...
              Last edited by Bryan; 04-12-2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X