Floorboard Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floorboard Question

Floor board has started to squeak this year in the area shown by arrow. I am thinking possible one of, or a combo of: Steering cable replacement if service tech removed floor board, and did not tighten. Many jumps off the vinyl seats since '06 onto the floor in that area by the kids who are growing bigger every year. Have not investigated yet, but would like a solution. Tighten screws? Remove completely and then re-install? Other? Any thoughts?

Floor Board.jpg

It's a single piece--welded aluminum. No bolts that I am aware of. Lift it up and take a look?
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Typically no screws holding it anywhere, but there 2 points of contact at the rear corners that could cause some noise. Its held in place by the center seat section.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mine squeaks up front when it gets hot after being in the sun. I learned to live with it.
        My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

I think case closed for now. Am I right though, my 1999 2100V floor board was screwed down? Assumed 2006 was too.

So took a further look. Got my ear up close and pressed on floor board at the back. Turns out the floor board was not the item squeaking, the back fiberglass seat piece was the culprit. Removed the carpeted trim, exposing three screws near the floor holding that white back fiber glass piece in place. Loosen screws and the squeak went away. Determined that if I removed the left screw, kept the others in place, no more squeak. Good to go! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X