Fuel Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Gauge

I have a 2000 2300V and the fuel gauge shows full until I slow down from cruising speed. It then will show what the actual fuel is, but then returns to the full mark. Does that sound like the gauge or the sending unit and where is the tank and sending unit located on a 2300V??

thanks for any help!

Rick

My guess is it is just where the sensor is reading. Mine does the same thing and I think it is pretty common because of the sensor in the rear of the fuel tank. The only real way it to switch to a flow meter and truly know what amount of fuel has passed through.

Comment

Originally posted by 25cents View Post
      My guess is it is just where the sensor is reading. Mine does the same thing and I think it is pretty common because of the sensor in the rear of the fuel tank. The only real way it to switch to a flow meter and truly know what amount of fuel has passed through.
      This is the same thing that I see. The fuel sensor is at the far back of my tank as well. When at idle, I get a approximate reading on the gauge. I gives me a general idea, as it is not exact so it usually goes from full, to 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, etc. When surfing all bets are off, I just keep an eye when the boat is level before we weight it down.

Comment

Don't ever trust the standard fuel gauge, just fill it up before every trip to the lake and you'll be fine.
        2009 RZ2, PCM 343, MLA Surf Ballast, Premium Sound.
        2013 Toyota Sequoia 4WD W/Timbren SES

Comment

I have a 2000 2300V also. Never has worked. Either shows full or empty. I can pull the sending unit out and it will go through the range when I move it by hand but won't work when in the tank. Just fill up every time we go out.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! we do fill up before each trip so based on the input we will continue to do that and kinda ignore the fuel gauge!!
            thanks again for the help!!

Comment

But....What can be done to correct it?? I do think mine is a sending unit issue. Is there a better replacement out there? I should be able to get a correct reading when sitting, not showing full all the time.

Comment

Take it out . Clean it up and check the resistance while moving it. From memory 33.5 ohms to 240 is expected.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X