24V Key ignition wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24V Key ignition wiring help

I know that I should have taken a pic or something when I removed the wires from my last ignition switch, however after loosing keys while driving down the road that was the last thing on my mind.! lol So, in my stupidity I am asking for help!!! Can anyone help with the wiring for the 4 pole ignition in my 2004 24V 6.0L? I have 2 big red wires with yellow connections, 1 med red wire with blue connector, 2 med yellow with blue connections, and 1 looks like purple with blue connection. I think I remember that the two big red wires (yellow connections) and 1 yellow wire went to the battery port. Not sure. Can anyone help??
    James

I just did the exact same thing.
    Purple wire is the Ignition
    Yellow wire w/ Red stripe is the Ignition
    Not sure which is the accessory.

Comment

If you have this sorted out yet, please take a picture for me.

Comment

56032806-2217-4428-88B4-4F908BB52309.jpg

Comment

I’m about to go after this. Do you know Which one is the ACC wire? I want to move it to a switch so my stereo doesn’t turn off when I turn the key off. That annoys me for some reason... assume the smaller wire on the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The ignition wire is purple, yellow with red is starter ONLY, red is battery power and blue is accessory. To keep your accessories on all the time, connect the blue wire to the big red battery terminal. Any other position and the accessories will turn off with the key.
            Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Working...
            X