Engine type and parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine type and parts

new member to the Tige family here. Bought a 2005 switch i last weekend! Totally happy and love the way the boat handles and responds to the throttle. So much better than a big v-hull with an I/O.

anyway, the previous owner had a winterization issue and replaced the entire engine. It is a 340HP GM. looking online for a spare impeller, but can't figure out what part to get. Is this engine a chrysler?
    Attached Files

or, is it a Mercruiser?

Comment

You have a Marine Power Motor - GM block.
      A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

If you have a Johnson pump you will need an 09-812B-1 impeller.

Comment

Look at the bronze fixture on the front of the crankshaft, two hoses going into it, and there will be a manufacturer name and number imprinted on the front of it. That's the info you need to find the impeller. That's a gm vortec roller cam engine, originally marinized by marine power but that looks like a gm marine replacement long block with all the marine power ancillaries bolted to it. Serial number should be listed on the side of the plastic cover on top of the engine. If not, check out marine power's website or call their customer service line. Many parts are interchangeable with volvo, mercruiser and pcm.
          Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Welcome to the Tige family. Here is a great thread that CDAWAves did for winterizing his 0524V with same motor. I used this last year for my first winterization and it went smoothly. I think I ended up buying my fuel filter from somewhere differently due to price but he list the part numbers and steps which is what we wanted. Have a great summer.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...-5-7-MPI-340HP

Comment

IMG_20150516_180026.jpg

thanks everyone for all the excellent information!

cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                If you have a Johnson pump you will need an 09-812B-1 impeller.
                pump.jpg Yup, has a johnson pump, but the numbers are different on the pump housing....see attached photo.

Comment

Correct, that is the pump. The number I gave you was for the impeller.

Comment

Working...
                  X