Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 2150 taps questions

Hi all new to the forums!

As you may guess my taps on my new to me boat isn't working and looking for a little help I've read a lot about it but can't seem to find anything that tells me where the pump is to start my trouble shooting all I can find is for v series boats any help and pointers would be appreciated greatly!!!

Welcome to the site and the 2150 club. There really isn't a club, but there are a few of us. More importantly, welcome to the Tigé family!
    The pump is behind the observers seat down on the carpeted floor. The box itself is carpeted and screwed down to the floor with two or three philips screws. Remove those screws and lift off the box. You will find a reservoir that is probably empty. I'll see if I can find any pics?

Post up a pic of your boat!
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't find any pictures. You will need a very small funnel or use one of those ketchup, picnic type bottles with the pointy spout.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
        Welcome to the site and the 2150 club. There really isn't a club, but there are a few of us. More importantly, welcome to the Tigé family!
        The pump is behind the observers seat down on the carpeted floor. The box itself is carpeted and screwed down to the floor with two or three philips screws. Remove those screws and lift off the box. You will find a reservoir that is probably empty. I'll see if I can find any pics?

Post up a pic of your boat!
        Well this maybe why I can't find it I think it's been removed if I remember correct from my digging around trying to fix radio issues last weekend it's stored an hour and a half from my house so I'll have to mess with it this weekend and try to figure out thank you for your help though!!! I'm sure I'll be on here often with questions!! Not sure if it worked but I think I added a photo of it will get more as we go along
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

On our years if its not fluid or fuse there are a few little relays that sometimes go out. Really easy to fix.

Comment

is there anyway someone can get me a picture of this misterious pump because i cant seem to locate it i believe its been removed but dont even see wiring hook ups or anything so im at a lose and ive already spent a ton of money getting the boat back up and runnin and cant really afford to pay the dealer to tell me if its still there and where it goes.

thank yall!!!!

Comment

What type of fluid does it take. I need to add some.

Thanks,

Comment

From Bennett's FAQ http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/tech-help-support/faq/
                "Use any type of Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). Don’t worry about the exact brand or type – it will all work, and can even be mixed. To add fluid, remove the Lexan cover on the HPU, locate the “filler stack” in the left front corner of the reservoir. There is a round plug sealing the filler stack. Remove the plug and add fluid to the full line on the reservoir. Note: Add fluid only with the trim tabs fully retracted (up). If your reservoir does not have a full line, add fluid so the fluid level is about 1 inch below the top of the reservoir with the trim tabs fully retracted (up). Your Bennett Trim Tab system should not need refilling for several seasons."

Comment

Originally posted by Chads972150 View Post
                  is there anyway someone can get me a picture of this misterious pump because i cant seem to locate it i believe its been removed but dont even see wiring hook ups or anything so im at a lose and ive already spent a ton of money getting the boat back up and runnin and cant really afford to pay the dealer to tell me if its still there and where it goes.

thank yall!!!!
                  Hopefully someone can get one for you. My boat isn't immediately accessible or I would. Did you look behind the observers seat directly behind the built in cooler? Maybe take a picture of your storage area?

Comment

I realize its a long shot but make sure it hasn't been replaced with a Lenco actuator. I was looking for a TAPS pump on my 2004 only to find out 2004's had electric Taps motor.
                    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Like TA said it should be in your storage area right behind the observers seat. There is a box covered in carpet that you have to remove to get to it. Typically has 2 or 3 Phillips head screws holding the box to the floor.

here is a shot that shows just the top of the box, its not a good pic but only one I have, boat is currently about 1 hr away

IMG_1804.jpg

Comment

Good picture Ruger. Here is one to show the location.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks guys that box yall are talking about is what my battery switch is mounted to but its not mounted to the floor its just loose in there i think i remember seeing something almost under the cooler when i was messing with the battery switch that might be it but i just didnt think it looked like a pump to me so ill look at that closer next time i go up to the lake im in the same boat as most of yall my boat is around an hour and a half away so it makes it a pain to work on also would yall happen to know what the boat should be idling at when in nutural mine seems to be around 350 after it got serviced and im not boat wiz but this seems very low to me

thank you all for your responses and pictures!!!!!

Comment

Here's what the pump should look like.
                            http://www.westmarine.com/buy/bennet...-cover--264044

Comment

thank you so much thats what i needed youre awesome!!! im not sure i remember sing anything under there like that but now i know what to look for but i remember seeing something and saying to myself thats where that box goes so maybe it is and i just dont remember what it looks like but thank you thats awesome!!! i may try to get up to the boat this weekend and give it a look see and see what i can find!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X