boat to one side on trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boat to one side on trailer

My boat - '97 pre2100wt - always rides to the far right on the trailer.
    What adjustments do I need to make to make the boat ride in the center of the trailer?
    Thanks

Do you mean when you load it on the trailer it always goes to the right side, or when you tow it, it moves that way?
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

How far do you put the trailer in the water when you load it??

Comment

I agree with bfrank, when you dock, make sure your trailer wheels are just under (water over wells), and the running boards are visible slightly out of the water. Works with most inboard setups, but you have to find the best spot. The goal is to not have the back end floating when you hit the nose on the roller...

Comment

I keep my fenders just out of the water so my second bunk tips (or the middle set) are just showing. I then guide the boat on untill they hit the second bunk tips and drive it on till its solid and winch it up the rest of the way. If I get a little off I just back the boat down a little and move it either way to center it.

Comment

The boat is solid on the trailer while being towed. The problem lies in how the boat is loaded. As recomended, I back the trailer in just until the wheel wells are barely covered. At this point I have to drive the boat onto the trailer. It seems as though the bunks are shifted so that the boat rides about four inches from the left wheel well and about an inch away from the right. There is no hull damage from rubbing, but I guess that is possible if it gets any worse, plus it is hard to cover because of the tight fit on the right side.
            Can you adjust the bumbers??
            Thanks

Comment

So are your bunks loose??? My bunks are solid and no movement what so ever. If your are solid and dont move , maybe you should pull out of the water a little more when loading. Maybe attach a picture so we can see what you are refering to, if you can.

Comment

Does your trailer have guide poles? Those are adustable, at least mine are.

Does your ramp have a righward lean to it?

Sounds like you need to adjust/shim the bunks.
                "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Yes the trailer has guide poles, I don't think they are adjustable though, and the boat sets right up against the right pole. The boat sets to the right no matter what ramp/lake I load at.

If I adjust the bunks, would I adjust the right one.... raise the right/lower the left or move them in/out??
                  Thanks

Comment

I've tried several different things to get my boat dead center on the trailer. What works best for me is having weight (people) evenly distributed as the boat is being pulled out. Try adding weight to one side the next time you pull it out. If it gets worse, switch sides.

Comment

Thaks everyone

Comment

Working...
                      X