Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Bilge Pumps whats best two holes thru Hull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Bilge Pumps whats best two holes thru Hull?

Two Bilge Pumps what’s best tow holes thru Hull?

I no longer trust my bilge pump and want a back up.

Can I run two thru the same line or would it be too much water and require a second hull hole?

Bilge pumps are dirt cheap boat isn’t.

Rule 500 seems weak.

Maybe two Rule 850's or 1000's.

Is there a 12volt cigarette lighter powerd auto or manual water pump?

You could use two pumps with one thru hull but you will need to install check valves so the water will not flow back into the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
      You could use two pumps with one thru hull but you will need to install check valves so the water will not flow back into the boat.
      Any reason the bilge pump on my V-Drive is installed in the front of the bilge instead of in the back?
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert
        Any reason the bilge pump on my V-Drive is installed in the front of the bilge instead of in the back?
        I think you mean in front of the v-drive, it should be mounted by the transom between the rudder box and the muffler.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
          I think you mean in front of the v-drive, it should be mounted by the transom between the rudder box and the muffler.
          Yes, that's what I meant. So why would my boat come from the factory with the bilge pump right next to the V-Drive unit?
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Did you buy it new and what year is it?

Comment

Originally posted by lee
              Did you buy it new and what year is it?
              Yes, I ordered it in February 1999. It's a 1999 2100v Limited.

Comment

The earlier v-drives did have the pump in front of the v-drive unit. Some even have a center drain there also.

Comment

Originally posted by lee
                  The earlier v-drives did have the pump in front of the v-drive unit. Some even have a center drain there also.
                  I have one of those, too.

Comment

Dog, you really are special. This proves it.
                    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Lee
                      Where can I get the check valves for the plastic hose that is used on the bilge pump?
                      Also I was thinking that if I added a second pump, that I would put it up in the bow. What is you opinion on this?
                      Thanks David

( I have a Switch V )
                      Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

Working...
                      X