Under Seat Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under Seat Cooler

I know this is going to sound petty but it just bugs the H*** out of me for some reason. I would like to know if I am the only one experiencing a problem with the cooler under the seat. I have a 2005 24V. The issue is as the ice melts the water leaks into the carpet area of the boat. On a hot day it is ok to step into a cold spot but I can not understand why on a 50K+ boat the cooler leaks. The drain plug is tightened, but it appears the leak is coming from the flange that the plug fits into to. The flange is only held in with silicone or caulking. My dealer has told me that Tige does not have a fix for this, which is hard to believe. I would think a threaded piece with a rubber gasket and a nut would be all that is necessary just like a drain in a sink. I don't feel like I should be the one to fix it. I would appreciate all thoughts.
    A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

I have just taken some good atv sealant, put it around the flange, a little too much really, roughed up the fiber hole it's going into with a file, and then put it in. No leaks on mine, and the water stays in the cooler.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

my boat does the same thing wtf
      280.vo.llnwd.net/00166/08/23/166573280_m.jpg

Comment

Re: Under Seat Cooler

Originally posted by ddutcher
        My dealer has told me that Tige does not have a fix for this, which is hard to believe.
        That's so lame, I'd make them fix it! It shouldn't be doing that. I use mine all the time and it's never leaked.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I love my Tige, I had a 1997 Pre2150WT prior to this boat and the cooler did not leak. I can't understand how a manufacturer can build such a high quality boat that can withstand the worst chop imaginable yet cannot get a cooler to seal. Like I said this is not an issue that would cause me to sell my boat, that would be just plain silly, it is a major pet peave. I guess that is why they put a portable cooler in the new Ve's.

Comment

my cooler dosent just leak. today when i was putting the plug back in the metal tube with the threads came completely out of the bottom of the cooler. what do you think i should do to get that back in there without it coming out again and no leaks?

Comment

The drain plug fitting on my 06 22ve pulled out when I went to drain the cooler after our second trip out. I cleaned it up and resealed it w/some 3M marine adhesive/sealer and reinstalled it.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hay Dan; Guess what? Mine leaks as well, and the sleeved portion came out when I tried to crank down on it. I think I'll try Domslude's trick and use some ATV sealant, and see what happens.

P.S. Finally got all the "new boat bugs" shaken out. Running great now, and yes... Dougie is on the move AGAIN !!
                "Just Surf Damn it"

Comment

The brass tube kept coming out of my cooler, so the dealer did a quick fix. Take the cooler out by removing all the screws around the edge of the cooler. Caulk and seal the drain tube into the bottom of the cooler. Then from the bottom, put a hose clamp over the tube. Place the clamp tight to the cooler bottom so that the tube can't pull out. Replace cooler and screws. It should never be a problem again.

Comment

It is amazing that as boat owners we have to come up with a fix on something as simple as a cooler. I guess I am asking for my new owner survey back so I can rate the craftmanship a little different. I think I will remove the cooler and clamp it.

Greg,

Dougie came over last friday and told me he was moving on. Hopefully he will find what he is looking for but the good news is he can hang out on the water now.

Comment

I hope your right. I met up with Dougie and Clau Sat. Night at the Steak House. We are planning to go out surfing on Thursday.
                      "Just Surf Damn it"

Comment

Hey Greg- when you see Doug can you ask him to call Steve Lackey- he has my number, but I lost his. He sold me my Tige last spring and I've been meaning to catch up with him and B.S. a lil bit.
                        Thanks!!

Comment

No problem Steve. I saw Doug and Nick out in the water yesterday. His old cell number is no longer working. He's using a "Barrowed" phone for now. I'll call him today, or swing by his house tonight. He lives two block away from me.
                          "Just Surf Damn it"

Comment

Working...
                          X