Type of oil and how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type of oil and how much?

I have a 2006 Tige 24VE with a 5.7L V8 MPI engine. What type of oil should I put in and how much? It seems like I can't see any on the dipstick right now so I am assuming I should add some. Any info would be great.
    Thanks!!

If its been more then 50 hours since the last service or you do not know when it was last done, I would suggest changing it as opposed to topping off.

4 stroke marine engine oil is ideal, due to the extra level of moisture inhibitors. otherwise, regular motor oil is fine. im partial to 10W40 motor, or 15W-40, which seems to be a common weight for marine 4-stroke oil. I am not a fan of synthetic, especially in "toys" that sit from time to time.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think it will take about 5.5 quarts with a filter. I try to get the engine level when checking the oil. I have used quicksilver 25w-40 and Purple filters.

Comment

The frustrating thing is I bought this boat a few months ago and the dealer said he did a "full service" on it, but it seems like the oil is a little low and when I pull out the dipstick I see little to no oil on it. it worries me a little, but I am very new to marine engines so I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
        X