Taps 2 cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps 2 cruise

When just cruising around, what setting on the Taps 2 is best?

The owners manual (what a joke that is) is silent on this. Maybe I just should'nt be cruising?

TIA, Paul

It really depends on the lake conditions for us. We usually cruise in slalom mode B/c that creates less drag, less fuel burned etc.

But we will move it around to find the best spot if the lake is busy. Just to create a smoother ride.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

With a smooth lake, right around 1 got the best top end speed. When the lake was rough, 2 kept the bow up just a little. It can start to porpoise if you cruse with the TAPS much higher than that.

Comment

I use it like I use the Trim adjustment on my fishing boat, to smooth out the ride, so just to the point of porpoising and then back off a bit.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

2-3. This keeps the hull far enough out of the water to smash the big ones, but keeps it from porpoising also!

Comment

If you put TAPS all the way down on say 0 and cruise around 35 mph, if you slow lift the plate up you will here the enginge smooth out and the boat increase in speed slightly. That is where I would want TAPS to be to ride around the lake.

Comment

Working...
            X