Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a tower off of a 2000 model fit a 1998 model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a tower off of a 2000 model fit a 1998 model?

I have an opportunity to buy the original tower off of a 2000 model Tige and want to put it on my 1998 pre2200i. Will it fit? what is involved in installing it?

What model is the 2000?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAllen View Post
      What model is the 2000?
      I am not sure. The guy is selling it for his boss and did not know the model. If it came off of a 21' would it fit my boat? If it came off of another 22' would it fit?

Comment

I would think it would work off of another 22'. Not sure about a 21'? I would say the only way is to get all of the measurements from the old tower and see if they will line up on your boat. How much is he asking for it? Who made it? I'm not sure Tigé made their own towers in 2000? Is it local enough for you to measure it yourself?
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

If this is the original first gen Metcraft tower, it is not worth much. Check it very well for cracks and they were prone to cracking on the top section and collapsing when put under pressure. I never had any problem with mine, but if you buy, check the tightness of all connections frequently. It is a very universal tower as long as the beam width is the same. Front to back has a lot of play.

Comment

Working...
          X